Our Moon

The light is disappearing. The Moon wanes, and so do I. I am waning. Keeping track of the Moon is important to me, and something I don't do carefully enough. You know how life goes...quickly.

Under a waning Moon last year, I wrote this:


Oh Goddess, Moon, my Mother, for Forever and For All Time,
I seek a means to provide for myself
In the way you have always provided for me.
I seek comfort for my loss and
I seek a means to bridge the gap
between your womb and my heart.
Oh Goddess, Moon, my Mother, for Forever and For All Time,
I ask you to guide me as I navigate this transition.
I pray for love, guidance and fulfillment
of my needs in a practical way,
as I understand life must be practical,
before it has the freedom to be fanciful.
Oh Moon, my Mother, My Mother for Eternity.
Guide me and help light my path
when the night is dark and I am frightened.
I will respect you;
I will love you, always.